Apparently, when he’s rich and famous an ‘artist’.
Much has been said around the blogosphere about Roman Polanski, child rapist. And he is a child rapist, no matter what the BBC or any other rape apologist media outlet might have you believe. The Beeb, depressingly, are stating that Polanski had ‘unlawful sex’ with his 13-year-old victim. I can’t believe we have to go down this road again but I’ll say what many others have said before me: An adult can not have sex with a thirteen-year-old girl. An adult can only rape a thirteen-year-old girl.
Everything I wanted to say on this has already been covered far more eloquently and intelligently than I could hope to through my rage, so I give you a round-up of the best posts about this vile man’s crime, with some excellent smackdowns of the rape apologist argument to boot.
- Kate Harding’s Reminder: Roman Polanski raped a child posted at Salon Broadsheet.
- Marcella Chester’s Roman Polanski As Described By Grand Jury Testimony posted at Abyss2Hope.
- Lauredhel’s The Polanski “morals issue” – just so we’re all on the same page posted at Hoyden About Town.
- Melissa McEwan’s Her Reasons Are Not Yours posted at Shakesville.
- Amanda Hess’s Common Roman Polanski Defenses, Refuted posted at The Sexist.
- Kate Smurthwaite’s Roman Roads posted at Cruella-Blog.
- Deborah’s Moral Luck, Gauguin and Polanski posted at In A Strange Land.
- Noble Savage’s It Wasn’t “RAPE” Rape posted at The Noble Savage.
- Kate Harding’s (again!) Letters From Hollywood: Roman Polanski’s Rape Of Child No Big Thing posted at Jezebel.
- Jeff Fecke’s Rape Apologists: Roman Polanski’s Rape of a Child Not That Bad posted at Blog of the Moderate Left.
- Lauren’s Getting Over It posted at Feministe.