The me who owns this blog now is a very different me to the one who started it. With that in mind, I am closing Shut Up, Sit Down indefinitely, effective immediately. I’m not throwing my toys out of the pram or anything, I just feel like I’ve… outgrown? Yes, outgrown this blog a little, and I was frankly embarrassed to have written many of the posts here, 90% of which I have made private for that reason. I will be starting up a new blog, about all sorts of issues that concern me, writing about life, writing about my studies of the English language and poetry and literature and all the things I love. I can’t think of a name for it though. Once I can think of what I want it to be called, I’ll start it up. A new beginning. It will feel good. So this is a ta-ta for now post. If you’d like the URL for my new blog when I start it up, or just want to stay in touch, do email me. I’ve had a lovely time writing Shut Up, Sit Down, but now it’s time for me to move on. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
What are you looking for?
What I’ve been saying…
- How to avoid using ableist language?
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Men and Feminism
- Candlelit Vigil for Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Apparently women of childbearing age shouldn’t be allowed psych meds…
- Donate to provide Mooncups for Gambian women
- Who deserves a disability badge?
- Lowering the abortion time limit isn’t the answer!
- “That’s sexism against fathers!”
What you’ve been saying…
Jen on The Adult Privilege Check… Miles on The Adult Privilege Check… rrc on The Adult Privilege Check… A on The Adult Privilege Check… not broken on How to avoid using ableist…
- 126,902 visits. Can you believe it?